TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TC-P50S30 and it started to shut down by…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic TC-P50S30 and it started to shut down by itself, so I then decided to open it and dust it off with some compressed air

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TC-P50S30?

6-7 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu doesn't show

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TC-P50S30? What happened right before this?

Tv would turn off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv does turn on anymore, i can see the backlight but nothing happens

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also sometimes you see random dots that change colors
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, when it goes off what happens with the power light please on the front of the set,?does it blink red?Anthony
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it stays red as if it were working. No blinking. You can't access menu or anything.here's a video of me turning it on:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a38485arioved7k/VID_20180311_122419.mp4?dl=0
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As a side note, the tv would make some hissing sounds kind of like when your around a transformer. It would start low then get louder. This would happen on and off. Could not say really what would trigger it. It would happen for a few days then disappear completely for months. It did this since a few years back 2 or 3, but was only an annoyance as the tv worked perfectly. Highering the volume on my speakers would make it unnoticeable. Before I opened and air cleaned it, it would turn on and work normal but after some time would shut off by itself. Hope this helps.

Set des not have backlights that is only applicable to LCD TV, the panel is being primed hence the light but it looks like you have what may be a serious issue the noise you heard was it coming from the back of the set OR the speakers?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
From the back. It wasn't doing it lately though, maybe did it a month or more ago for 2 days.

To me that sounds like either a power-board issue OR a high voltage issue to do with the plasma panel now we have to look at your options here so I have to give you the bot***** *****ne on this, you have a awkward serious issue that is likely to be the plasma panel ITSELF now I may be wrong about that but even if I was and it was a board issue the thing is its intermittent (hard to trace its nothing obvious) it still will cost big to fix, now you have to consider is it worth the input of money for a set of this age and what if it is the panel?if its the panel the set cant be fixed economically anyhow, so if you want my opinion I would say it would be a better option to put potential repair money to a new set,let me know your thoughts

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really like this tv set but I understand that there are cheaper alternatives now with so many brands I can get a good set for 300 bucks. With that in mind let's say it's not the panel. My brother knows a little about electronics, he uses a multimeter to diagnose basic stuff. Is there something you can guide us with that we could do to discard cheap repairs. For example test the voltage on the power input etc. Anything can help.

You see it could be the panel CAUSING THE ISSUE so say we have now a bad power-board or scan board you could order this board fit it and the set works days or weeks later you get the hissing (that is the panel intermittent) scan board or powerboard fails again you are then$100 down and that is if youdo the work yourself,there is no way to diagnose a panel when it starts behaving like this, I have fitted scan boards before and weeks later they have failed again for the same type of issue,so yes it could be diagnosed but there is no gaurantee of long term fix

This type of issue is a very awkward one I am just trying to give you the best options here

If however you have taken that on board and still wish to do this let me know i will provide the info to get the set going again please bear inmind there is the cost of the board or boards around $100_$150 as a ball park figure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I suppose you are right. I will give my options a thought. I appreciate your time and your help.

Your Welcome

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician