TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Turns off by itself then sometimes it turns on. It's getting…

Turns off by itself...

Turns off by itself then sometimes it turns on. It's getting to be frequent now. Then the screens discolors by itself to light green or light violet. We have to unplug to get back to its usual color

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 4hd

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No this tv I would say about 5 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 4HD? What happened right before this?

The dis coloration started I would say more than 3 mos and it was seldom now it's more frequent. The turns g off by itself is new about 2 weeks and it's frequent now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, could you please get me the model number of the set please found on the back of the set? Thank youAnthony
Samsung UN55H7150AFXZA
Version TS01
SN 029H3CYF403061F
AC 110-120V-50/60HZ 132W
Typical power 50W

OK is the set dropping to standby red light lit (usually)?

No, just turns off by itself and turns on .

OK have you considered it may not even be the TV?it could be any satellite or cable box you are using so first thing is reboot the box and the TV by disconnecting both from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again let me know if there is any change

I will try your suggestion but why is there discoloration of the screen like a pinkish color?

That could be the box too.....the software controlling the box could be going bad.....if this reboot does NOT work you will need to run the set with another input like a DVD player or if you are using a steaming service from apps on your TV that would be ok and let me know if they behave OK or not

Ok will follow your instructions and reply asap

OK let me know

Pro Lem still exist after unplugging power from wall for both tv and cable box. Tv still turns of by itself. I tried to watch a movie from a usb just to check and tv still turns of by itself.

OK that needed to be done so it narrows the problem down to either bad system software OR a bad main-board, is the system software upto date?there will be a banner in the settings menu that will tell you what version of the software the set is running can you let me know what that is please?if you do not understand let me know

Version is 2200. There's a reset also can I try that?

Yes you an try that but I do not think that for this issue it will correct it but it is worth a try,let me know how it works out

Reset done, will let you know if problem still happens

OK I will keep the question open let me know thank you

How is the set now please?

Still observing but so far the problem did not happen yet

OK

The question is open for 30 days its my belief now that the set is OK if you have any further trouble you can always come back even after rating

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Ok