TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I hook up a Bose solo speaker to a Panasonic TC-26L50…

How do I hook...

How do I hook up a Bose solo speaker to a Panasonic TC-26L50 tv?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TC-26L50?

Maybe ten years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don’t now have a problem but the Bose book talks about hooking up using an optical cable but the tv doesn’t have an optical jack, but the cable box does as does the dvd/WiFi streaming box.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Let’s see if that’s enough. Thanks.

3/11/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please double check that model number off of the TV and reply back?

TC-26LX50
Did you get that?

Thanks. This TV requires an analog audio connection. It's only audio out jacks are the RCA red and white audio out jacks. Which Bose Solo model do you have please?

Yes, I was typing.

Is this a Bose Solo 5 Soundbar that you have?

Are you there?

418775

I don't know what that number is. Look at the BACK of the Bose Solo. Is there a tine 1/8" AUXILIARY (Aux) jack on it??

Okay that number matches up to the Bose Solo 5 soundbar. Standby and I'll post a link to the cable you need.

Aux
Optical
Coaxial

You need the cable at the link below and will plug the black end into the "AUX" port on the Bose, and the Red and White ends to the "Prog Audio Out" (red and white) RCA jacks on the back of the TV. This will get sound from the TV through the Bose:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-6-3-5mm-mini-to-rca-stereo-audio-cable-black/4408001.p?skuId=4408001&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=1026&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=711e3d4c-e2ed-4d8f-a838-f8a895f326d7&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg252604&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoY7VBRDtARIsAHWoO-LBrInhaTF7c0MS01_KwIvlqMS8-LyOrJhd_HXVw7fHDsLRVpY3XPkaAvpjEALw_wcB

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician