TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp lc-49cuf8462es in burn mode, how can i exit? about 1…

Customer Question
Sharp lc-49cuf8462es in burn...

Sharp lc-49cuf8462es in burn mode, how can i exit?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LC-49CUF8462ES?

About 1 year

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Does not react on remote control

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Hit menue and 1147

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/10/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Initially, please unplug power to the tv for a minute, replug, and let me know if it is still stuck and exactly what you see on screen if so.

plugged on 2seconds tv picture than blue red grenn SAYS PLEASE WAIT PROGRAM LIST IS IMPORTED than import was successfull asks for ok still schowing blue black white red green- should i hit OK ?

Yes hit ok so it can finish starting up

sorry my english is to poor to talk.
have hit ok burning mode continues.
sorry my english is to poor for a live phone call.

Thats okay,

can you tell me exactly what shows on the screen currently?

Do you see a "K" in the corner?

The Screen is changing colours. no information. only colurs changing

Thank you, ***** ***** like you inadvertently changed something else in the service menu,

which can damage the tv beyond repair by causing damage to the eeprom on the main board.

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; even for a 1 year old set, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Thank you for your proposal. The device ( and I) is in Germany, where I should have a 2 years warranty. So I will check with my local dealer. hear it is midnight. so i hoped to find a solution in a country, where it is still day time. good by

You're welcome, and best of luck to you.

If you entered the service menu though and that is what initiated this, they will not cover it under warranty. The service menu is not meant to be used by consumers, because of the possibility of damage from incorrect changes, so they may not cover it for you, but it is certainly worth checking.

Best of luck to you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,