Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We just purchased LG 28LJ400B-PU. We are unable to turn off

Customer Question

We just purchased LG 28LJ400B-PU. We are unable to turn off the very annoying audio guidance voice. We have gone under settings, then accessibility, then audio guidance but no button we push will turn it off. It's most annoying.
JA: How old is your 28LJ400B?
Customer: We purchased it 3/6 of this year.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, just the audio guidance
JA: How long has this been an issue with your 28LJ400B? What happened right before this?
Customer: We've only had it 4 days. It has been this way since we took it out of the box.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, we have registered the tv with LG
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Does the audio guidance feature in the menu show as being on currently?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

And is it the LG remote you are using here, or something else (cable/satellite remote)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I think it's outrageous that you are trying to charge me another fee, in addition to the fee I just paid, on a product we've had less than 1 week. This will be the last LG product we buy. Goodbye (we'll figure this out ourselves, or take the tv back)
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I'm not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

For this to be productive, please focus on the chat here, and providing me with the information I requested above 10 minutes ago.

This is a conversation and requires input from you for me to be able to help.