TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It goes blank for a second. Visio model # isD32hn-E4. Menus…

It goes blank for...

It goes blank for a second

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Visio model # isD32hn-E4

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menus works. Not sure what you mean by inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your ISD32HN-E4? What happened right before this?

I just bought it a few weeks ago. Have been trying to adjust picture so when I use on demand it shows the whole picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Those are my problems

3/10/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

All I have is the cable box connected to it

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried as the first thing that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I unplugged both, restarted. It sometimes doesn’t go blank for awhile.

OK, keep testing the TV and if the problem still persist then connect another video source such as DVD player to the TV as a test to see if the problem still occurs and reply back with the result to proceed

And if TV works fine with DVD player that means the cable box hooked to this TV has an internal fault and causing mute the video signals for awhile, at that point please call your cable company to replace the cable box

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

That seems to have helped the going blank but I am still having problems adjusting the picture. I have a line across the picture.

A line across the screen is a new info. I'm afraid the line across the screen is a serious issue and the entire screen/ display panel will need to be replaced, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

Ok thanks for your help

Much welcome, I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for the line on the screen. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician