TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV keeps giving me a "no signal" message. It's a Toshiba…

My TV keeps giving...

My TV keeps giving me a "no signal" message.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Toshiba about 7 yrs old. I'll have to check the model number.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It reacts just like always. The cable box lights up, the little green light on the TV goes on, the HDMD1 goes on - all like normal - then the NO SIGNAL is there. The inputs are fine as I can watch a DVD movie.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

This since Thursday. - Funny at first began acting normal - a picture for a few seconds, then went black , then another picture then black again - I finally gave up on Friday because I got nothing. I began to wonder if the cable box was at fault.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

3/10/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

If those steps don't work, then it's apparent that the cable box or HDMI cable are the root cause of the issue and the next step would be to try a new HDMI cable.

Beyond that, you would contact your cable provider and have them swap the box since you've already determined the TV is not at fault since the DVD player works.

Simply view my reply for the answer to your question. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician