TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung 60" TV has a problem. In the morning I can start…

My Samsung 60" TV...

My Samsung 60" TV has a problem. In the morning I can start it but if I turn it off it does not turns on until several hours. I guess it has to do with the starting system getting hot and it does not work any more until it gets cold enough . I appreciate your comments

Technician's Assistant: Is your 60 connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It is connected to power, no protector

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No I have not, but if I do it right now I will be without tv service for most of the day

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not have any more information for you

3/10/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What's the model number from the back panel? How old is it?

For the place the TV is situated I can not see the model number, The Tv is some 5-6 years old
I do not want to call. Is there any chance to continue by writing?

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated.

I will need the model number.

Sorry y Dan. I can not move te tv ser without running it of

OK. In that case you would need a local servicer to come look at it. I could help you repair it yourself but I need to know the model number. Would you like me to find a local servicer?

Dan, a local servicer would be perfect. How much would it cost me?

It will vary a little depending on which model you have and where you live, but symptoms like this normally end up around $150-$200. What's your zip code?

Dan, thank you for your help. The tv is not worth $150/200. I better buy a new one

Sure, I understand that. If I can do anything else, just let me know. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.