TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an overlay on my screen at the top which reads "demo…

I have an overlay...

I have an overlay on my screen at the top which reads "demo mode motion flow" which I cannot get rid of. My Sony Bravia is model number: KDL 46V5100. What to do?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Probably 5 years or more.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I assume you mean on the Sony remote.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I was trying to use Netflix for the first time thinking it had to be accessed thru my WI. Direct TV is my provide. I had not used my Sony remote in trying to find Netflix. Don't know what I did. This has never happened before.

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thanks.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello!

Hi

Give me a minute please

I don't wish to spend $26. Let's continue on line.
Are you still there?

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

Thank you. I did not sign up for the phone call.

Sony is giving me a hard time with that retail mode which is what you have now

We`ll try something

Set the tv`s input to TV mode and open the menu then go to setup and tell me if you can see initial setup anywhere in there ?

Should I be using the Sony remote or my Direct TV remote?

Tv remote all the way and if you can`t find it then we`ll reset the tv to factory and it will go through it automatically

I do not see initial set up there.
Sorry. It does say Setup at the top.

OK then we`ll force the tv to go through it and select HOME location when asked

Also make sure you are in TV mode

Go to SETUP and open it ,look for Product support and open that then go to Return settings to factory defaults and click on that

If asked for a password ***** some point then enter 0000 or the master password *****

That initial setup if anywhere will be in setup but i can`t find it in the manual so the only way to get back to it is through a reset

It's currently searching for analog and digital channels.
Looks like it may take a while.

Sorry , i think you could`ve skipped that , let it finish now but it wont find anything unless you are connected to an antenna

Did you see that HOME location ?

I clicked on that.

Yes it can take a while , up to 10 minutes in some cases

It also has a Cancel option. Would you like me to choose that?

OK then select that and you can go back to your regular tv and that demo will be gone

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

By regular TV do you mean stop using the Sony remote and just use the Direct TV remote?

Yes , once you have your tv back to say HDMI input then just use your direct t remote as before

Jack
Jack, Technician
Thank you so much, Jack. I will rate your service. :)

Thank you

Any more questions on this ?

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service