TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sony bravia xbr-65X900 with a sonus sound bar. My…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony bravia xbr-65X900 b with a sonus sound bar. My volume control is not working. Thoughts on fixes?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Bravia connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It was working but now it isn't. we had a power outage

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/10/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

I'm working on your instructions.
I don't see the power button on the tv

Okay omit the power button part but reboot the cable box as instructed and let me know.

will do

Standing by.

rebooting now
still not working

Try something besides the cable box so we can narrow down what the root cause is. Any other source- DVD player, Netflix, etc. Let me know.

i was watching Netflix when I noticed the problem

Netflix on what device- through your cable box, or a built in app on the TV?

cablebox i will try through tv

Okay, standing by.

Anything?

still not working, waiting for your response.

I didn't see anything from you. So you're saying built in Netflix on the TV does not have sound? Then you need to go into the Sony MENU, turn the speakers back on and disconnect the soundbar and see if it's the TV or the soundbar as this point. If there's no sound out of TV's built in speakers then it requires repairs. In that case let me know how old the TV is.

I have sound. My remote cannot adjust the sound

You lost me. So you had sound all along? And which remote are you using?

A Sony tech support person had me push every button on remote twice and it fixed the problem. I just can't remember what I had to do before that command to fix the problem.
I always had sound. I am using both remotes to see if its my Verizon remote or the Sony remote
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I couldn't wait for a response. I no longer need your help. Please unsubscribe me to this service. Thank you.