TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new refurbished Kindle fire HD eight with Alexa. My…

I have a new refurbished...
I have a new refurbished Kindle fire HD eight with Alexa. My wife lives in a different apartment about 1000 feet from me and down one floor she has a Kindle fire HD. I have been trying to set up my Kindle fire but it keeps reverting back to hers. I do not know what to do. Can you help me?
I am still waiting is anybody there
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer.

In order to register your kindle with your account first we have to deregister your Wife's account from your Kindle Fire HD.

So to that you should have your Wife's Amazon account credentials or you can ask your Wife to deregister this kindle from her end.

Which one would be convenient and possible to do for you?

I have her credentials

Please login into her amazon account on your computer.

And let me know.

I need you to know that I am disabled and can not travel

I am sorry , but you will be able to fix this by yourself.

Do you have a computer with you?

I will call her and have her come up here

Or we could try to do to this the other way.

Can you go to settings on your kindle please.

Okay

And check if you see something like registration or Deregistration something like that.

How do I get to settings
I found settings and I found a tab that says deregister

Awesome!

Click on deregister so that your Wife's account will be erased off this kindle.

Do you want me to register it now

Yes, register with your account now if you wish.

I am now registered. I think I can get it the rush the way. Thank you

Is there anything else I can help you with?

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.
You can also directly write back to me
https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/
I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

No you’ve done a wonderful job. I thank you very much.

You're welcome!

You can fill up the stars to rate me.

Take care,

Bye.

Suhasini Velu