TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung smart tv bought in dec 2017 wont power on with

Customer Question
Samsung smart tv bought...

Samsung smart tv bought in dec 2017 wont power on with remote or power button on tv . we lost electric for 2 days due to storm.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It was connected to a multi connector that plugs into the plug . I don't know if it was a surge protector

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Its been unplugged all night . so i just reconnected and nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/10/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Are you sure the power cord is secure on both ends? Are you sure the outlet is operating properly?

OK, then we are looking at an internal failure that will need to be repaired. Since the damage was caused by a power outage, it will not be covered by Samsung's manufacturer's warranty. Do you have an extended service plan through the seller, by chance? If not, I can help you repair it. Just let me know.

Hello

I'm here. Are you able to see my last reply?

Do you still need help with the Samsung?