TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture doesn't fit my screen and I don't have an option…

Customer Question
The picture doesn't fit...

The picture doesn't fit my screen and I don't have an option to correct it. The mode is on SOP, for the blind to watch TV & can't turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model No you andD50038

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

UN22D50038F

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

The screen size has been several months but SOP happened this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello, model number is ***** & it's 6 yrs old

Hi

Already had that number

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable , cable box (with cable remote) or satellite box ?

Sorry but this phone request failed (3 times now) and although i`m sure your credit is fine there seems to be a problem with payments and even though I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the $26 extra charges and declined them ,this is usually due to the second charge from the website, you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

I don't understand the credit card problem, I just used it last night. I will look at your last message.
I have Xfinity.

I`m sure the card is fine , as i said above this is done to protect against possible fraud when it see a second charge in such a short period

Most often this is caused by the cable/satellite box and depending on your box or cable supplier the method may vary but first look on the cable box remote for a button that may be called something like ; zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , try to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.
If that doesn`t correct it then press the "P.SIZE" button on the tv`s remote and set your tv to FULL or 16:9
Between the 2 remotes (tv and cable box)you should be able to find the correct aspect ratio /format.

If you cannot find that button on the cable remote then this will be in the cable/satellite box menu , let me know

I found the HD ZOOM. What about the SOP?

The SOP ??
Just saw that , let me check but is that coming from the xfinity box ?

Do you mean SAP ?

Look on the tv`s remote here for MTS , press that and make sure it says stereo , not SAP

That button is bottom left

Is that one of the bottom 3 buttons? I can't read them

From the remote i have here that would be the left one

Thanks, ***** ***** try that.

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

It says stereo but it's SAP

Yes then select stereo

You should see MONO/STEREO and SAP , select stereo

It's still SAP

What do you call sap here

What do you see on the screen ?

Do you see letters /text ?

I`don`t think you have SAP anyway

Just let me know what the tv is doing now ??

I get three choices stereo sap mono. It remains in sap
There's a new voice describing the scene when there's no noise

OK then that is not sap , get out of there , that is descriptive video service and it is the cable box doing this , not the tv

This will be in the cable box menu

Give me a minute please

Open the settings/menu of the cable box and go to SETUP , open that and go to AUDIO SETUP>>> DESCRIPTIVE VIDEO SERVICE = OFF

It's off but there's still a description

It is describing the scene on tv or your actions with the remote ?

Are you sure you were at DESCRIPTIVE VIDEO SERVICE here ?
Its on all channels ?

It only seems to happen when I watch TV shows on demand. Regular TV does not have it

OK then its not there all the time and some channels do have it on without you turning it on

You could try to reboot the cable box by pulling its power cord 30 secs and try it again but ultimately this will be a comcast problem

Perhaps have the box replaced

Also make sure yu are on a program that has it before going in the menu and check that DVS (descript........)

Glad you got the zoom problem fixed but again , this may be something new here from comcast

I checked and they don`t say much on the subject

No, the picture size is still wrong at times. But thanks anyway

reboot that box or have it replaced , that may clear all your problems