TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No audio! Seem to be. Hdmi

Customer Question
Seem to be Technician's...

Seem to be

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/10/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please do not open new questions for the same issue.

REPLY back to me here.

Is that an additional $26?

Please tell me everything you have connected into the tv?

-antenna

-cable box

-surround sound

-game system

-etc

Cable box

Were you getting audio before?

Did something change? like - new cable box or moved the tv to a different room etc....

Watching program last pm, all fine, then just picture, no audio
This am, picture during news show, then audio for about 5 words, then nothing again

Please try this:

-leave the tv On, showing the picture from the cable box

-unplug the cable box POWER cord from the wall (or back of box)

-wait 10 seconds then plug it back in

-watch the tv screen as the box boots up

REPLY let me know what happens

Picture back, no audio

Alright, now please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Still no audio

Can you reseat (unplug/replug) all the audio/video/hdmi cables on the back of the tv AND back of the cable box please.

Done, but no audio

When you use the volume up/down buttons, do you see anything on screen telling you the volume is moving up/down?