TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a LEDTV series 6 and the smart tv options keeps

We have a LEDTV...

We have a LEDTV series 6 and the smart tv options keeps popping up on the side of the screen. I purchased a replacement controller and need help changing the setting so this quits popping up on the side of the screen. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung, UN55D6050

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

We purchased a lake house and the tv came with it. I did troubleshooting a while ago but I didn't have the original remote and was told to purchase it from a retailer suggested. I now have a controller.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I want to stop the pop on the side of the screen

3/10/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

Let me type this down

Can't call
Phone service not good

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

Ok, how do we proceed?

What you have is the store demo

To turn this off Press the SOURCE button to select TV mode, you cannot be in HDMI input for example

Then go to MENU → select System → select Plug & Play → ENTER

In there you will see the language and other options including Store demo and HOME USE , set it to HOME

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

Any more questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack, Technician