TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

IT WILL CUT ON BUT IT CUT IT SELF BACK OFF IN ABOUT 2 MIN.

IT WILL CUT ON...

IT WILL CUT ON BUT IT CUT IT SELF BACK OFF IN ABOUT 2 MIN

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

RCA BROUGHT 2YR AGO FROM HH GREGG

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

NO JUST THAT RCA

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your RCA? What happened right before this?

JUST ONE DAY WE WATCHING THE TV AND IT CUT IT SELF OFF

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO IT WORK BUT IT WANT STAY ON

3/10/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the RCA please? Also were there any storms, power outages, etc.?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SLD58G4RQ

That number is ***** quite correct- I will need you to double check that. Also the set shutting itself off by itself indicates a hardware failure (generally with the power supply board) and requires repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Are you still with me here?

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SLD58G45RQ RCA LED LCD 58"
WE HAD A 3YR EXTEND WARRANT PROTECT CARE, THAT DID NOT WORK THE TV CUT BACK OFF

Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this indicates the power supply board has failed and needs to be replaced. This is not uncommon with lower end TV's like the RCA I'm afraid and you'll need to contact the warranty service to schedule a warranty on the repair I'm afraid.

Aric, Technician