TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I BOUGHT IT TUES. A SAMSUNG 28" FLAT SCREEN

Customer Question
I BOUGHT IT TUES...

I BOUGHT IT TUES. A SAMSUNG 28" FLAT SCREEN MODELUN28M4500AFXZA AND I CAN'T FIND WHERE THE POWER CORD PLUGS IN. HELP?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

NO-NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING SINCE i CAN'T FIND WHERE THE CORD ATTACHS TO THE TV

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

HOW CAN I DO ANYTHING WITH POWERING WHEN I CAN'T PLUG THE CORD IN?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I HAVE SPOKEN TO 8 PEOPLE AT BEST BUY-THEY COULDN'T HELP. THEN THEY TRANSFERRED ME TO A SAMSUNG TECH-HE SAID TAKE IT BACK. AS I SAID-HELP, PLEASE.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE SAMSUNG TECH I WAS TRANSFERRED TO SAID I SHOULD TAKE IT BACK. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I AM A DISABLED SENIOR AND CAN'T FACE DRESSING, DRIVING AND ALL THAT. I JUST WANT THE TV TO PLUG IN AND WORK.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE PLUG ON THE TV END HAS TWO LITTLE TUBS-NOT A USUAL PLUG.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
MAKE THAT TUBES, NOT TUBS
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I DO NOT TEXT. I AM OLD AND HAVE BAD ARTHRITIS SO MUST SEVERLEY LIMIT TYPING. AND MY CELL PHONE IS NEVER ON.
3/10/2018
TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 1 month ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

can you please give me the complete model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
UN28M4500AFXZA
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE THIS POWER CORD PLUGS IN TO THE TV.

I'm not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.
Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response here.

The power cord for your tv is a 2 prong cord,

also known as a "snake eyes" cord,

the power port is on the back of the tv, about in the middle from top to bottom, and more to the right. The port is not facing straight out, instead crouch down a bit so you can look up at the back of the tv from below, and you should see the port there (Facing down toward the floor) and recessed into the tv.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HAVE THE TV ON MY LAP. I LOOKED UPWARD FROM THE BOTTOM-NO LIP AND NO PLACE TO PLUG ANYTHING IN. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS....

I assure you it is there.

Can you send me a photo of the back of the tv and then I can highlight for you exactly where it is at?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE ONLY PLACE I SEE ANY SPOT IS ON THE LEFT-BACK UNDER THE CONTROL STICK-A LITTLE RECTANGULAR PLASTIC BOX-REALLY SMALL AND WOULD HAVE TO BE BROKEN TO BE REMOVED. i AM SORRY-BEING OLD AND NOT COMPUTER LITERATE i DON'T DO THE PHOTO THING. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE DIFFICULT. I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WITH THE TV CAME A FEW SKIMPY PAGES OF DIRECTIONS AND ONE SHEET HAS A DIAGRAM OF THE TV BACK-BUT NO -PLUG IN PLACE.

Do you see a round hole on the back of the tv that says DC in (or 12v)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THERE IS A ROUND CIRCLE-3 EA A LITTLE SMALLER AND IT SAYS DC 19 V

That is where the power cord connects,

it sounds like you're missing a part,

go back and check, very carefully in the box and packing materials, as there is an external power adapter "brick". That power transformer is what connects to the snake eyes cord I mentioned, and then has a cord coming out the other end of it goes into that round circle on the back of the tv.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WELL-I'LL GO BACK A CHECK WHERE I DUMPED OUT THE BOX. I HAVE ALREADY DISPOSED OF THE BOX, STYROFOAM AND PLASTIC-DIDN'T SEE ANY OTHER ITEMS BUT I'LL SEARCH NOW.

Sorry I assumed you had that part already, that is what you need for this to work and it should have been included in the box.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WHAT I FOUND WAS A BLACK RECTANGULAR BOX ABOUT 4"X2"X1". IT HAS A PLUG IN SPOT FOR THE "SNAKE PLUG" AND THEN A FEW FEET OF CORD AND A PUSH IN PLUG FOR THAT DC CIRCLE YOU DIRECTED ME TO. NOW I AM ASSEMBLING IT-FINGERS CROSSED. THANK YOU SO-SO MUCH. I'LL GET BACK IF I NEED MORE DIRECTION. I REALLY-REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE.

Yes, that is it! Once that is plugged in, it should turn right on for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Technician