TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My screen says Please run auto channel scan. I have done…

My screen says Please...

My screen says Please run auto channel scan. I have done this a number of times. What do I need to do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hold on

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The model # is ns32d120a13 and the date code is 13a02c rev b

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your NS32D120A13? What happened right before this?

Yes tv menu works

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It happened yesterday...

I went to settings and selected restore to factory settings and it defaulted to run auto channel scan.
I did this a few times
3/10/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Are you trying to use the tv with an antenna?

no
MTS cable to tv..keeps going back to auto channel scan with no digital or analog results It is an hd tv
Are you familiar with this problem as to why it defaults to auto scan channels?
even when I go to settings and try restore to factory settings it asks me to go to auto channel scan again and again.

Okay so is there a cable BOX connected to the tv? If so, where (which port on the tv, hdmi1, hdmi2, etc)

it is on coax cable to tv..no changes there
it's within the tv rather than a cable problem. I get menu and various selections but when I exit it goes to a screen message..scan auto channel. I can't get past that

Is there still a cable BOX though?

and the cable box is connected to the tv with coax only (no hdmi, no red/white/yellow, etc)?

that's true
there is still a cable box

Okay, if that is the case, then you need to set the input mode (using the source/input button, on the tv remote) to TV,

then go into the tv menu, under Channels, and run the channel scan function

It should find only 1 channel, either 3 or 4

and then the tv needs to be set to that channel 3/4, from there you will use the cable remote to change channel.

ok I will try that.

Thank you, ***** ***** know how it works out, please

I'm gonna try tomorrow. I will let you know Thanks

No problem, thank you

I got it to work..Thanks again

Great, glad it is working for you!

Eldon
Eldon, Technician