TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

This is a Samsung TV about 27 inch. It worked fine last

This is a Samsung...

This is a Samsung TV about 27 inch. It worked fine last night when I shut it off. Today when I tried to turn it on, it doesn't respond to the remote or the touch spot for on and off. The light bar across the bottom that usually is steady, is flashing slowly. Any ideas or a hint?

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

It says on the back LNT3253HX/XAA

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

It won't respond to any command from the remote and doesn't light up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Right now are there any signs of life on the TV (power light lit, blinking, etc.)? Or does it appear completely dead as if it were not on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The power light is blinking but it doesn't respond to the touch controls or the remote.

Thanks for the reply. The blinking power light indicates a hardware fault and in most cases requires repairs (this is common once these sets get on in years).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The white light below the word Samsung on the3 front is still blinking. The re is a small red light on the lower righthand side with a power indicator under it. I could turn the set on or off by touching that. it doesn't appear that it moves at all and its having no effect.

Okay so right now, when you plugged the TV back in- did the light start blinking right away?

Or was it only after you pressed power to turn it on?

Are you still with me here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now I just turned to look at it and it shows life. We are connected to Fios. I'll need to turn that on also. It's downloading Fios now. It appears tto be working! That's amazing. Ypou must have scared it into working again.

Excellent and I'm glad to hear that! Sounds like you're in good shape. could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gladly. I don't know what we did here, but its working again. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

Aric, Technician