TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No available input from any hdmi source. Philips 52PFL5704D…

No available input from...

No available input from any hdmi source.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Philips 52PFL5704D - 52" LCD TV 9 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. just no input from any hdmi. 4 different sources connected, but no response from tv. NO SIGNAL on screen

3/10/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Were you able to get the HDMI ports to work previously and then they stopped? Also have you tried more than one device (cable box, etc.) and also more than one HDMI cable?

Are you with me here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have four different sources connected to hdmi and none work. Have swapped them around, turned tv off and still nothing.

Okay thank you. That does indicate a failure in the TV and in most cases requires the Mainboard be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and displays HDMI Inputs normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will try the hard reset tomorrow and let you know. Thanks!

Okay, let me know what happens please. If it doesn't work, then there's a board in the TV that needs to be replaced.

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Worked perfectly! Up and running again. Thanks!
Aric, Technician