TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv went black but sound still works, can this be fixed?

Customer Question
Tv went black but...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung led tv 6300. 4years old. Un50f

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Just happen screen went dark. Now there is a bright light in lower left corner

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Just a satellite receiver

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried as the first thing that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and satellite box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let satellite box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I just want to know if it’s repairable or is it done.

If the screen glow/ show backlight or any graphics appear when tuning On TV power then it is repairable

No change

Sorry to hear that, it seems the backlight LEDs failure and replacement of backlight LEDs inside the screen is needed, the screen will take apart for this work that should be done by a TV tech to avoid any damage to the screen

You may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective LED stripes replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you