TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a 48 in Visio TV. Lately the sound has been low then…

We have a 48...

We have a 48 in Visio TV. Lately the sound has been low then loud. Cannot figure why it is doing this. We have only had the tv about 4 yrs. is there something we can do or us the tv going bad?

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

It is only 5 yrs old. It’s a full hd1080 P. It is hanging on the wall and cannot see model no

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes—the menu works and seems to happen on all channels.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

It was fine and had no issues—it’s been a good tv, and only started this sound problem about Dec.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No—only problem we seem to have.

3/10/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Serial no is E471VKE and a DVD player and ATT box is plugged in to it. Movies play fine but regular tv shows sound goes up and down. Netflix also plays fine. Only seems to happen with regular stations.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried as the first thing that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have done that. We have had a few power outages due to storms and I had to do that to get tv back on

OK, did you reboot the cable box connected to this TV?

OK, since TV gives normal sound level when watching DVD or Netflix streaming that means TV itself is just fine and the problem is definitely with the cable box which is a video source to the TV like a DVD player etc, all the channel signal processing is done within the cable box, please call your cable company to replace the cable box that will resolve the problem

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

Ok—thank you. I will call

Much welcome, if you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Question got refunded?