TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We are leaving Dish. Can we use the same splitter that Dish…

Customer Question
We are leaving Dish...

We are leaving Dish. Can we use the same splitter that Dish had with the new antenna since the house is wired for two tv's. or do we have to buy a new splitter

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung smart tv about 2-3 yrs old and planning to get a new smart for the second

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We only have one tv hooked up at present and it works, but we need to connect to both tv's with the splitter dish had

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

We just installed the new ota antenna

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/9/2018
TV Technician: technicalcat, Technician replied 5 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Are you talking about splitting the satellite signal from one dish , to two receiver boxes? Note the "splitter" will look like I have linked below.

SPLITTER CLICK HERE

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

no we have purchased a new OTA antenna. the house is wired for two tv's. can we use the same splitter that dish had or do we need a new one
are you there??????

An OTA antenna is a different signal altogether. Yes, in theory, you can use it, but you will need to set up and experiment and see if you get a good enough signal on both TV. You may also want to look at the signal range on the coaxial splitter you have , and let me know what it says, if anything.

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.