TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sennheiser 170 wireless headphones (not cheap) appear to…

My Sennheiser 170 wireless headphones...
My Sennheiser 170 wireless headphones (not cheap) appear to have stopped working. Had them for a few years. Tried everything I thought of to get them working again: turned power on and off, replugged plug and cables, even inserted fresh (non renewable) AAA batteries. I have one of two options for Just Answer. Either try again with your guidance (got to admit there's a mess of wires behind my Samsung HDTV which I've used headphones for), or get a recommendation for something new -- like a wireless or bluetooth gizmo plugged into the Optimal Audio Output and buy a compatible pair of speakers that don't cost an arm and a leg. Thoughts?
3/9/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Do you get sound from TV internal speakers?

no surprise to you, the sound quality ain't great. And, no, I don't want a soundbar.
Oh, and no on the phone call. Let me make it easier for you. Do you have a recommendation on using wireless or bluetooth headphones and the best gadgets to go with them? Thanks.

OK, I'm working on Bluetooth devices, get back to you in few minutes

Thank you.

It needs a Bluetooth transmitter to connect to Optical Audio Out port on the TV, please click the following link to view the info

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-HomeSpot-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B00QV77YIC

and following Bluetooth headphones is a good one that will last longer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077SGBGRV/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b2cwmWx_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=7QQGSZM6CHSMRBMNTHX9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=42a3bf6b-b398-59d8-9dce-7f5c3e2d94c7&pf_rd_i=2407776011

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Thank you. Will check it out and get back to you soonest
Will rate you now, and trust it does the trick. Thanks