TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Second opinion] my tv has no sound

Customer Question
Second opinion] my tv has no sound
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...my tv has no sound..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

help me

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV. Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device/s? ...Internet connection?

no sound on my tv

As posted above...

"...re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV. Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or some other device/s? ...Internet connection?..."

panasonic tv model th-50px75u conected to isp cablebox

Appreciate the additional information.

Please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.
...unplugging for an extended period of time? ...trying another outlet?

...checked/replaced the connecting cable from the cable box to the TV?

hdmi cable conection, turned off cable box unpluged box and waited waited

What is the model number of the cable box?

Have you tried:

• replacing the HDMI cable?
  • using another connection method (depending on the model number)?
  • checked for sound using / connecting another device to the TV?
  • unplugging the TV too?