TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a 55 inch Vizio smart TV a little over a year ago.

Customer Question
I bought a 55...

I bought a 55 inch Vizio smart TV a little over a year ago. Last night I turned the TV on and all that would come up was something that said I need a new remote control to work the TV. Really.

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

I bought the TV Dec 2016. It is 55 inch and has a tablet control in addition to a small remote. I am not sure of the model number and am not home with the TV right now

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, nothing works on the TV except it will come on with a full screen announcement/ picture that says I need a new remote with up and down. The picture of the new remote show one similar to what I have put with buttons for hulu, Netflix, and up and down, side to side buttons. The screen has renewing passwords. My other TV is not a vizio and is working just fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Why is it doing this? I've never had a TV that has done such a thing. No one I've talked to has either.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number from the back of the tv, please?

Is it the vizio remote that isn't working, or something else like a cable/satellite remote?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.