TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

MAG tv HDMI port AFSTICK= "no signal" Not sure of brand as…

Customer Question
MAG tv HDMI port...

MAG tv HDMI port AFSTICK= "no signal"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Not sure of brand as MAG on the front. Also not sure of age as given to us by our son.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works all other input works such as cable connected to side.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Fire stick was on a different tv and working moved it to the MAG and "no signal"

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

model#3200

Thanks for the info, working on your answer, hold on, please

On what input of the TV, the fire stick is plugged into?
Is it HDMI-1 or HDMI-2

there is only the one HDMI port

OK, did you select that HDMI port by pushing Source button on TV remote?

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and Fire Stick power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

are you still working on my issue?

I responded a couple of hours ago as follows

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and Fire Stick power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I had already tried that with no improvement

OK, can you try the FirsStick to another TV nearby to verify the FireStick?

not one near by. this stick was working fine on our Samsung. I ordered a second stick which kept getting the "no signal" on the MAG so I moved the first stick to the MAG to try it and still receive "no signal"

Thanks for the info that confirmed it is the TV internal failure where HDMI processor chip has failed for some reason and it needs to replace the mainboard of the TV to resolve the problem, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks