TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sony wega sxrd model kds-r50xbr1 tv turns on for a…

I have a sony...

I have a sony wega sxrd model kds-r50xbr1 tv turns on for a couple minutes then off for about a minute repeatedly blinking green light standby no red lights reseated lamp

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just got the tv from a friend

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the problem and price

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't have the remote for it

3/9/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

ok

Typing info for you, hold on, please

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started

This is the typical symptom of dying lamp of the TV that has reached at end of working lifespan and became weak in performance, lamp sensor circuitry detects it and shut the lamp Off and back On in an attempt to get it working correctly so you see it as picture off and back on while green light is flashing

Lamp replacement is needed to resolve the problem, please click the following link to view the replacement lamp and price info and you will get lots more supplier with low price lamps that may or may not work

https://www.tvserviceparts.com/Sony-XL5100.html

talked to expert said the fan

May I know the expert name, please?

If it was a fan issue then the TV would shut down with flashing red power light (specific blink code)

don't remember but red light flashed 3 times what does that mean

OK, flashing red light 3 times is an error code that means the lamp cover sensor switch is open, please put the lamp cover back on the TV that was removed to inspect the lamp

ok did that no red lights 100% its the lamp 216.00 for a lamp probably better to get another tv

Yes, that would be a better choice, 40" TV would be available for that amount

if it was the lamp wouldn't red light be blinking

Lamplight will start blinking when the lamp has died/ broken since the TV has a weak lamp which is causing all those symptoms, basically, it is confusing the lamp monitoring circuitry on the TV so it shuts off the lamp and back On it to get it working properly

tv off manually why is the standby/lamp light blinking green

Flashing green light means TV is booting up/ trying to fire up the lamp

took a good look standby light blinking not lamp

How many times is the standby light blinking?

I assume the standby light is flashing in red so how many times is it blinking?

constantly green

That means TV is trying to fire up the lamp

Rest assured, TV needs lamp replacement to fix this problem, I'm Sony tech and have seen this issue many times

I found a lamp on ebay for 30 I trust your knowledge so I will get it
xl5100

That cheap/ fake lamp will not work

Please avoid those cheaply priced lamps

just buy a tv

You can decide it better, this TV needs a good quality lamp and cheap lamps available all over Amazon or ebay will not work

what would you do
it has a 1 yr warranty

I would invest that money in a new TV because kds-r50xbr1 is an old TV and have lots more things inside and anyone could go bad like fan or ballast board or light engine/ optical block or power board etc

Are you talking about 1-year warranty on $30 lamp?

Then it worth to give it a try

ok thanks for your info

Much welcome, wish you the best~

you to

Thanks