TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It stopped playing sound and is now just making a clicking…

It stopped playing sound...

It stopped playing sound and is now just making a clicking kind of sound that adjusts with the volume

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI

3/9/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the TV please and how old is it?

D60n-E3
2 yrs old

Thank you for the reply. Is the clicking coming from the TV's speakers or from within the TV itself? Does it get louder if you raise the volume?

Also what is connected to the TV (cable box, DVD, etc.)?

it gets louder with volume adjustmentAnd it can be muted
And it stops when no show onCable box and a sound bar

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Aric, Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
Trying to find the stupid power button

On the lower left hand rear corner of the TV.