TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote is not working. VW32LHDTV10A. None

Customer Question
My remote is not...

My remote is not working

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

VW32LHDTV10A

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 5 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Hi

Do you still have the original remote ?

a replacement

Reason for asking is that those vizio are famous for defective remote sensor

The replacement is an original as well ??

We could test both the original and replacement but this definitely look like a defective IR sensor part # 3642-0022-0189 (0171-1671-0501)

This small board usually cost around $20 and is easy to replace once the back cover removed from the tv

Let me find it for you and in the mean time if you have a cell phone camera , a tablet a digital camera etc. , any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote then here is how to test your remote and note that it may work better in a darkened room ;

Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.

I see light

That is what i suspected

Here is one for $20 ; https://www.a2zelectronicparts.com/products/view/5483

Here is a link with a picture of it ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3642-0022-0189-ir-sensor.htm

A plug and 2 screws

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $150 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.