TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Need to change the input om rca 2f501tdv, 10 years, the tv…

Customer Question
Need to change the...

Need to change the input om rca 2f501tdv

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 2F501TDV?

10 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv has been on cable, now i want to put it on an antenna, but it will not accept it. the download picture shows a source buttion, mine dos not have that button

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 month ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.

First I had to close your other questions as these are either duplicates of the original question and/or the second opinion question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Additionally, please describe how the input device/s is/are connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
RCA combo 24f501tv the input is on the back of the tv, where you hook up the cable or antenna. I changed the input to line1 and line 2, but on the minu, it will not let me lock in any channels.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IT HAS BEEN OVER 5MINUTES WITH NO RESPONSE FROM YOU. HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK???

Thank you for responding after almost 14 hours. Apologies for not responding in 5 minutes after you posted your response.

And DONE "...GET MY MONEY BACK..." relayed to Customer Service through channels.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can u help me?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry about the rush. I am very frustrated with this whole situation. Will u b able to help me??

I understand.

Is the original remote control available/usable?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is what I used o change to Line 1 and line 2. I was told this work and fix all my problems, it did not,thats why I need more help.

The INPUT SELECT button of the original remote control does not change the source of the TV itself. This button changes 'what is to be recorded' on the VCR part of this combo unit.

The TV/VCR button on the otherhand selects between TV/VCR and other external source. It should be set to TV mode.

In TV mode, this model would only work with the old NTSC system. It is not capable of the current (new) ATSC Digital TV Broadcasts.

A workaround is to install/connect an STB; i.e. a set-top-box that converts ATSC signals to NTSC and/or analog Video/Audio signals. This device connects to the antenna, receives the OTA (over-the-air) Digital Broadcasts, processes it and outputs it as simulated Ch3 ATSC and/or A/V through RCA jacks.

Please click HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Was not even aware the vcr would record, doesn't say that anywhere. Will the DVD record? is what in on the second page what I need to purchase to make this tv antenna ready?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a DIGITAL HDTV ANTENNA, Where can I get just the box and the other things, without the antenna? Your original tech told me all I needed was to change to line 1 or 2.

Please click/tap HERE. This shows the specifications of an RCA 24F501. Note that:

• RECEPTION / Tuning Capability / NTSC - not ATSC hence not capable of directly receiving Digital TV Broadcasts/ATSC;
  • DVD Capabilities / Will the DVD record? - not capable of recording to DVDs;
  • VCR CAPABILITIES / One-Touch Recording (OTR) / Yes - can record.

The remote control also has buttons for REC/OTR and REC TIMER. REC would be the recording function.

"...what I need to purchase to make this tv antenna ready?..." - as posted earlier, an STB. Click/tap HERE and HERE as well.

Hi again,

Is further information/assistance still needed with this?

Louie, Technician