TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The power button will not work. Model tc-p42x5. About six…

Customer Question
The power button will...

The power button will not work. Model tc-p42x5

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your TC-P42X5?

About six years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Unplug and wait a while then plug back in; plug in different outlets

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

It has been doing this for about a year but we have always gotten it to come back

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 5 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here is there any power light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?Anthony
No. Light comes on or blinks.

In every case were there is no power-light lit on the front of the set you are sure you have power to the set ,have bypassed any surge limiter and maybe moved the set to a known working socket, ideally the back of the set will need to come off and checks made using a volt-ohm meter, the way it stands however at present the power-board inside the set is not working (most likely) and will need to be replaced,if you think you can do this work yourself,I will be happy to help you with it, please let me know and I will provide all relevant info,including where to obtain a power-board if necessary

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony