TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is a black vertical line on the screen? How can I fix…

Hi ,there is a...

Hi ,there is a black vertical line on the screen? How can I fix it?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Panasonic viera,plasma

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Viera?

9 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works.No, just tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?

I had this problem for a few days 2 months ago.Then it solved itself after a week.And now is back again for a week.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. I really need to see a picture of what you're seeing so I can diagnose it accurately. Next to the "Send" button on your chat window, click "Add Files" to upload photos directly to this conversation.

Sorry,I sent you the pictures. Not sure if you answered

Pictures need to be posted in this chat, and not sent anywhere.

Thanks. What's the model number on the back of the TV?

TC-P50G10

You have a defective C2 board, which is a rectangular circuit board inside the TV that controls the center part of the screen. I marked it for you >>here<<. The part number is ***** aka TXNC21EDUU. Punch those numbers into Google and purchase a replacement from whoever you like. eBay will probably have the best price, just be sure to check seller ratings and return/warranty policies. To replace the board:

1-Disconnect the TV power cord, and let the TV sit for 5 minutes.

2-Cover a sturdy table with a blanket,and lay the TV face down.

3-Remove all of the screws from the TV's rear panel (keep them in a bowl!).

4-Remove the TV's pedestal stand, and the rear panel. This should expose the circuit boards.

5-Find the C2 board I marked for you in the diagram.

6-Disconnect the wiring going to the board. It's just clips/harnesses, no soldering or anything like that.

7-Remove the screws that hold the board in place.

8-Reverse that procedure to install the new board.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Thanks

You're welcome!

stevenl1469
Phone call session started