TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Mitsubishi electric digital tv and the no picture…

Customer Question
I have a Mitsubishi...

I have a Mitsubishi electric digital tv and the no picture or sound the green light on the bottom don't come on

Technician's Assistant: Is your Mitsubishi TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Model WS-555-15 serial 104301

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes and it didn't help

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. To be clear, is your TV completely dead right now? No standby LED, no sound like it's "trying" to turn on... no signs of life whatsoever?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no nothing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just paid to ask questions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know what it could be

A lot of different things at this point. We need to troubleshoot. Are you sure the outlet is operational, and that the power cord is secure?

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The outlet is working
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
everything is plug in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everything is secured

OK then we're looking at a failure inside the TV. Do you have a multimeter? We need to open the back panel of the TV to test the fuse. Are you able to test electronics?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I can later I'll go get one ok

Sure

While you're doing that, I'll post some instructions for what you need to test first...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I ask for you dan
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

Just come back to this chat. We should have emailed you a link to our conversation. If not, just go to JustAnswer.com and log in, and you'll see a link to this page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
k

OK if your power LED is not coming on at all, then your TV either has a bad standby power supply or the microprocessor inside is not operating properly. Either of those problems could cause this.

Before we make any measurements inside, I'd like to see if the TV can give us a diagnostic code. To do that:

1. Disconnect the power cord & wait 5 minutes.

2. Reconnect the power cord & wait 5 more minutes.

3. On the TV itself, press the power button once & then wait 2 minutes.

4. On the TV itself, press and hold MENU and DEVICE for 5 seconds.

5. The front panel LED should flash, denoting a 2 digit code.

For example, if the error code is “23” the LED will flash 2 times, pause, and then flash 3 times. The error code will be repeated a total of 5 times. Let me know what code you find.

Let me know if you can get a code.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it will be tomorrow before i check the fuse and I will do the other be back in little bit
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
let you know what it is

Sure, do those steps before you check the fuse though.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will

Do you still need help with this?

Great. Were you able to follow my steps above to see if you can get an error code out of it? Did you check the fuse?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
didn't give me a code and I can't check the fuse

Need to remove the back panel and pull out the circuit card chassis >>like this<<. On the PCB-MAIN find the KF connector >>here<<. On that connector, measure the DC voltage >>on each pin<< with the TV connected to a power outlet. The 6V, 12V, and 30V pins should all be active. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok be back

ok

Louie, Technician