TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Nothing wrong with the TV. I need to Program an RCA remote…

Nothing wrong with the...

Nothing wrong with the TV. I need to Program an RCA remote to a Vizio TV that does not have a manual power button.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Vizio TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes why?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

That has nothing to do with the issue. This Vizio TV does not have a power button and can only be turned on via remote. I don't have the remote and i'm trying to program a universal remote

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all

3/9/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Are you just trying to turn the TV on/off? I'm asking because it very likely has a power button. They can be difficult to find. If you want to send me the model number, I can help with that.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Model 043-02 and there's no Power Button anywhere.
Not necessary to call me. I'm pretty technically astute.

Feel or shine a light on the rear of the bottom corner of the set. This will be on the back side near the inputs. Small square black button. Not easy to see without a light, but you can feel it. You can probably even push it from the front of the set by sliding finger/hand under and to the back. Once you find the power button, that should make programming the remote easier, if the remote is compatible with this set.

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

Also, on your model, that button may double function as input select. If so, just hold it down until the TV turns off.

Bravo...you are correct. Found it. Thank you.

Good to hear it's working!

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.

technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician