TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to get the arc set up on sony XBR-55X850B. 2 YEARS.

Trying to get the...

Trying to get the arc set up on sony XBR-55X850B

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your XBR-55X850B?

2 YEARS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

Trying to connect sony BVD-E3100

3/8/2018
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV / ARC question. First please make sure a HDMI cable is connected at the HDMI input on the TV labeled ARC and as well the HDMI input on the Home Theater system. After that make sure that the HDMI control is enabled in the TV settings and Home Theater System. Let me know if you can verify that. Thanks
In addition the Bravia sync needs to be "On" as well in the TV settings
After you ensure you have that done correctly, I would go into the TVs settings > External Inputs > bravia Sync. There is an option to send a sync command to all connected devices, and it should blink up on the Soundbar (and maybe the BD player as well), and it should list all compatible devices.
In addition please make sure that you perform the software update on your Sony TV to ensure it has the latest version. Sometimes the TV and the Home Theater system are not compatible, then the only other alternative solution is to connect an optical cable. Which I personally recommend anyway. Since optical cable connection are much more reliable and don't have Sync issues.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cannot find hdmi conrtol on tv
It is in some cases also called CEC, if it is not available on your set, then you would only have to turn on the Bravia Sync.2015 and Android TV models
On supplied remote control press HOME
Go to Settings
Select External Inputs
Select BRAVIA Sync Control
Select OnOn non Smart TV menu
On supplied remote control press HOME.
Go to Settings
Select Preferences
Select Setup
Select BRAVIA Sync settings
Select BRAVIA Sync Control
Select On
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bravia sync says not available in current mode
The HDMI cable is connected in the ARC inputs ? And both units are on ? Can you send me a picture of the back of the TV and your Sony Home theater unit ?
Here is a screen shot of the manual. If the Bravia sync can not be enabled the Sony Home Theater system might not be Bravia sync compatible, and you have to use an optical cable.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician