TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The TV is not staying on, Insignia NS-32D220NA, No, it just…

The TV is not...

The TV is not staying on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Insignia NS-32D220NA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, it just keeps saying to press the input button on your remote. The HDM1 comes up but then the TV goes off.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your NS-32D220NA? What happened right before this?

This just started today. I unplugged everything from the back and waited then replugged everything back in and it is still doing it. It is not connecting the satelite dish

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

3/8/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello
No don't call me I don't have $26 to pay you for your help

Hi

It wont go to the dish input or it will go but turns off ?

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

It is not picking up anything - not the input screen, not the dish and it was fine earlier today - it just keeps shutting off
It comes on long enough to tell me to press the input button on the remote. I select HDM1 and then it goes off again

OK and if you try and open the tv`s menu instead , does it still shut down ?

What TV menu?
should I try to hit the menu button the TV's remote

That tv has a menu yes to adjust the picture, sound etc. ?

give me a minute
The menu comes up but I can't get to the row with the exit button on it
I used the TV's remote not the satellite remote

Does it stay on or shuts off as well while the TV menu is opened ?

Stays on
Sorry, just checked - it says no signal

And if you try to select HDMI it shuts off right away or you get no signal then shuts off ?

I select HDMI and then the screen goes blank; it does the same with HDMI2
Would it be easier to just buy a new TV

Pull the HDMI cable OUT and back IN and/or try another input , also reboot the dish receiver

Your tv could be just fine here

Can you try anything else on it or that dish box on another tv ?

give me a couple of minutes
I have tried everything. I tried to reset the TV from the menu but I can't exit the menu with the remote so everything I have done is wiped out. I have to go now

Didn`t ask you to do anything in the menu , just wanted to know if the tv stays on while in it

The tv will shut down if there is no signal so you could have a defective cable or satellite box on tv`s main board

Now the way to verify this is by either testing something else on this tv or that dish box on another one

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician