TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just moved and I plug my tv again and it won't turn on. I…

Customer Question
I just moved and...

I just moved and I plug my tv again and it won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

I tried in the power strip and directly in the wall plug

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes the red standby light in on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

Samsung Un55f6400af

Thanks for the info

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?
- Does the screen glow/ show backlight or any graphics appear when tuning TV power On?

Solid
Where is the on button u dont have the remote
Tv completely black

OK, please check on bottom edge for power button

There is a button under the red light but it doesnt do anything

This is odd, I'm working on it

Ok

Its a jog button, please push the center button there which is the power button

Does the TV power turn On?

What center button there is no button on the tv

I'm talking about the button on the bottom edge of the TV under the power light

Doesnt do anything
Not even sure its a real button there is nothing on it no power logo

OK, please disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to get it reset, replug back in and try again to push the power button on the TV and reply back with the result

There is nothing happening but the power button is it really the one under the light

Yes, that is the power button on the TV and it looks like as shown in below link

http://www.tvpartsnow.com/product.php?id_product=10555

Black round part would be visible on the bottom edge of the TV

Thanks found it but stiil nothing at all
I try with my phone remote and nothing
Is it possible thats is a hardware problem

Yes, it could be a hardware related problem, either the power button board or the mainboard is defective and causing this problem, sorry for this news

Mainboard is the one where HDMI inputs are located, I would recommend to have a Samsung remote and try it if the problem still persists then replace the board where the power button is located (check the link in my previous reply)

Ok thanks ill bring the tv to the store do i still have to pay 51$ for this

Please click the following link to view the mainboard image, need to get the part number off of the label pasted on the mainboard found inside your TV to search/ google it to get the replacement board price if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un55f6400afxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Actually, you already have paid to the website for this chat session, there is no way around to replace the bad part on TV through the internet, I gave you all the needed info that will hopefully help you to make the decision

Thanks

Thanks