TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vizio E40-C2 and would like to update my channels.

Customer Question
I have a vizio...

I have a vizio E40-C2 and would like to update my channels. I used to get channels such as 8-1 8-2 8-3 now I get only 8

Technician's Assistant: How old is your E40-C2?

I think about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

When I hit the menu the first thing that comes up is parental control

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E40-C2? What happened right before this?

I do not really know. I am watching basketball . Last year was no problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/9/2018
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your TV question.

There is a process to do a channel scan, or find channels:

- On the remote control, press INPUT and use the arrow button to choose TV (the antenna icon), then press OK.
- Press MENU, select Channels and press OK.
- On the CHANNELS menu, choose 'Channel Source'

- and using the < or > arrow buttons, choose either Antenna or
Cable (for the source of the signal your TV is using.)

- Then, highlight CHANNELS in the menu, press OK, and wait until the scan is 100 % done.

- Choose DONE, then press OK, then press EXIT.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.