TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to connect a cable box to it but I am not able…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect a cable box to it but I am not able to get anything on the screen but the stuff that is on it when the dvd/bluray is attached. where do I need to go to et the cable box working so that I can watch cable tv?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, when I turn on my bluray it shows the following No disc browse usb youtube vudu netfliz target ticket picasa pandora accuweather facebook twitter and setup

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Connected to a tv through hdmi cord hdmi 1 and the cable box is connected to the hdmi 2 port

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to get the cable box hooked up. thank you for your time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/8/2018
TV Technician: technicalcat, Technician replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Are you able to connect the cable box with an HDMI cable from the box to the TV?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

but i am only getting a black screen on the tv
the tv is showing power and the cable box is showing power but all im getting is a black screen on tv. and I know it is working because when I change the input to the dvd bluray it is showing what should be showing on the tv screen .
hello are you there?