TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Do you know anything about a Mecool Klll pro Hybrid tv box?

Customer Question
Do you know anything...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I need to find out how to install the box into my tv.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I am not able to power up the new unit to load into the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not a tackki.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/8/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you have the box connected to the tv with a hdmi cable yet? Which specific port on the tv?
Is the box plugged into power?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
38; Wiifii installed. Turned off box & now it will not power on again. I replaced the batteries for the remote.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I am sorry I am not able to afford the fee. I was concerned about the $5.00 to begin with as it was a loser if you could not help me get this thing lite up to try to connect apps to the tv. Sorry I am on a limited budget as I am on Social security & I only recieve $635.00 a monthe to live on.

I'm not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the Mecool system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the Mecool.

Remove the batteries from the Mecool remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the Mecool power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the Mecool remote

when you see the Mecool logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the Mecool remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have to pay the phone fee ($26.00) if you call me correct?

Correct, the call is an extra 26 on top of the other 2 fees you already paid.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What other fee was there beside the $5.00?

The cost for the chat.

The 5 was only to post your question. The total/balance is the amount that was displayed on the payment page, which you had to specifically click to agree to. That is the fee you were charged when we started talking here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already did the battery thing, & had the unit unpluged. Stil it will not respond. I will have to see if the techs. at the colllege can check out the remote & the tv box. I can see & be right there , yet will not have to pay for someones time online. Thank you. I have requested this account be closed.

You're welcome,

If it still isn't working, then the box itself is defective. This is very common with these low quality generic import media players, they are often faulty right out of the box. I would highly recommend returning it and buying a better quality device from a more reputable manufacturer such as a roku or fire tv or appletv.

You aren't obligated to any ongoing membership or subscription, but if your intent in closing your account is to ask for a refund, that is forcing me to work for free, for my time spent in good faith as an independent tech advising you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am done with all of this!

I'm sorry, I can't change the facts of a hardware defect. This type of issue is completely normal and expected with these boxes. You can get a much better quality and more capable device like a roku for $30 and be much better off in the long run.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer