TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

For some reason, I've lost sound on my TV. I performed a…

Good afternoon ... for...

Good afternoon ... for some reason, I've lost sound on my TV. I performed a sound test, and was able to hear sound through my speakers. It was recommended that I contact the call center ... can you assist?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

I would think so (but haven't checked), because I could hear when I performed the sound test?

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I believe HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

HDMI using AT&T U-Verse (if that is of any importance?)

3/8/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Will follow the instructions above. Will you be on hold, awaiting my response?

Thank you for the reply and yes, I will be here.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

I have received sound once again. I would also like to know the procedure for canceling the service, as I do not want to receive monthly billings to my credit card. Will you assist with that? Thank you!

Great to hear on the sound. As far as the rest- I'm an independent tech who is a user of the site so not involved in or privy to billing or subscriptions in any way shape or form. You would need to use the site help pages for those issues.

Regarding the question you posted on the TV, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Accomplished! Thanks again.

You're welcome and much appreciated!

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician