TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV works for general cable watching but magic remote cannot…

TV works for general...

TV works for general cable watching but magic remote cannot access anything in order to get Netflix, etc

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

LG 60UH8500

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None. I can turn the TV on and off with the remote

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have two LG TV's and the remote works on the other one and the batteries are new.

3/8/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

OK. Where do I begin?

- Do you have the same model of other LG TV and this LG remote works on that TV?

No. The remote does not work on the other TV. I think I need to set up the remote but I don't know how to get to the set up menu

Please click the following link to view an LG remote image, is it similar the one you have there?

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video-accessories/lg-AN-MR650-magic-remote

exactly
OK. Now what do I do?
Are you there, Shahid?

Yes, I'm here

That remote needs to be paired with the TV, please click on the following link to get pairing instructions

http://www.lg.com/us/lgeai/HDTV/resources/UserGuides/webOS1/contents/control/remotemagic_all/enga/w14__control__remotemagic_all__enga.html

Please reply back with the result

OK. That worked. Thank you.

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Shahid
Shahid, Technician