TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have no picture but I do have sound. It was working and I…

Customer Question
I have no picture...

I have no picture but I do have sound

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It was working and I lost the picture

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/8/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV and how old is the set please?

un40eh5300fxza

Thank you for the reply. What's connected to the set (cable box, DVD, etc.) and if you use the original Samsung remote can you get the MENU to display?

no
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there

I see you opted out the other expert, do you still need help with this?

I need help

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

no it is not working

If you press the menu button on the remote for the TV, does the menu show?

no it don't

Thanks

It is the internal Tcon card (that controls the display) that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I brought the TV on 08/13/2014 at hhgregg.. They have closed the store. I don't remember if I brought a Service Plan.
How long do I have to return the TV

It depends on the warranty but usually it is 2 years

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.