TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Loses sound and picture sometimes i unplug it and plug back…

Loses sound and picture...

Loses sound and picture sometimes i unplug it and plug back in works fine till the next time it happens 55 sharp tv

Technician's Assistant: What Sharp model do you have? How old is it?

Aquinos aquinos

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?

Since i got it in november sound crackles

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

lc-55p6000u cable box
no call

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

no
call text chat

- Does the problem occur on TV if connect and playback a DVD?

do not have one

OK, any other video source such as gaming console etc to try it with the TV as a test?

no none

OK, when TV loses picture and sound, does it shut Off with flashing power light?

no flashing light

OK, it seems the cable box internal issue and following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

tried that allready
good was good for about a month after i did that then it started happening again
you think i have a bad cable box?

OK, please try a different HDMI cable between the cable box and the TV, usually, HDMI cable tends to go bad internally

If the problem still persists then need another video source (DVD.Bluary player etc) to verify the TV to proceed further

If TV found good with DVD playback then it is definitely cable box problem that needs to be replaced by the cable company

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

thanks

Much welcome, if you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician