TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hdmi to tv only shows start button &other icons next to

hdmi to tv only...

hdmi to tv only shows start button &other icons next to start button on TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

TV is a samsung 65" and it's 3 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Itworks on main monitor

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It didn't work at all and I get no audio

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

OK.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It worked 5 months ago. What am Idoing wrong?

3/8/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

No difference

What is the TV connecting to for a signal?

Please let me know

To the HDMI port

Can you tell me what is connected to the port please

An hdmi cable.
That is run to the TV from the pc.

ok, so you are trying to show the screen of your PC on your TV?

but only the start butto & the icons next to it areshowing on the TV screen.

Thanks

On your Computer, which version of windows are you using?

W10 and the mouse is not showing on the TV.

Thanks

Can you still operate the PC via another screen?

from the monitor attached to the pc.

Thanks, ***** ***** on the desktop and choose Display Settings

Then under Multiple Displays, choose to Mirror Displays

Does this correct it?

Neither am I getting audio n the TV.

right click on the desktop and choose Display Settings

Does this correct it?

I didn't have that option, but when I said duplicate displays it shows the screen on the tv & the mouse showed up. I'll now try the audio.

ok, use Duplicate please

Let me know the results

The screen works, but no audio.

Thanks, ***** ***** on the speaker icon bottom right then choose playback options.

Then click the TV and set it as default

Let me know how you go please

I used to use this cmd, but it no Longer works.

which command?

C:\nircmdc.exe setdefaultsounddevice "AMD HDMI OUTPUT".

That is not what I gave as instructions...

I will repeat

right click on the speaker icon bottom right then choose playback options.

Then click the TV and set it as default

Let me know how you go please

That did it, thanks.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
I just did,thanks again!