TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

New Samsung TV. Can connect to wifi but not to Internet.

New Samsung TV. Can...

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Netflix and Amazon

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I'm using Xfinity hot spot

3/8/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). and the wifi network

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wiffi network then the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Still the same. I'm using an Xfinity wifi hotspot, which I obviously cannot unplug

You can power it off, can you do this please?

How do I power off a hotspot?

What is the make and model of it?

The TV is a Samsung 6 series mu6290

I am referring to the hotspot

It's a public hotspot by Xfinity (i.e., Comcast)

So you do not have your own wifi network there?

Correct. I'm using a public wifi hotspot

Ok, it will not work on that (it is different to a hotspot which is something that runs over 3 / 4G)

You need to use a proper network for this to work, as you see it gets blocked when it tries to get to the internet.

OK Thanks

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician