TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2009 Magnavox 32'' that is stuck in the demo mode.

I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Magnavox 32'' that is stuck in the demo mode. I have tried numerous time to use the method of engaging both volume buttons. What to do next?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

The Magnavox 32" TV model number 32MD359B/F7.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 32?

Manufactured April 2009.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. Only flashing colors. None of the buttons seem to work. Additionally I dont have the remote .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

TV defaults to the colors upon powering up. Does not turn off. Have toplug in to work.

3/8/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

Give me a minute please

Sure no problem.

Here it is ;

Open the tv`s menu and go to FEATURES , open that and go to LOCATION , open that and set it to HOME and you`re done

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

Unfortunately none of the buttons work. Don't have a remote either.

You can`t open the menu with the buttons on the tv ??

No. it displays the flashing colors despite everything.
The TV only comes on when plugged in. And immediately displays the colors.

OK then this is not the demo you have now but your tv went into self test

This is not good and there is very little chance you will be able to get it out of it with the remote that i could find for you and zero chance without it

You could try this but don`t hold your breath ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

I'll give a try. Thanks for your assistance!!!

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Jack
Jack, Technician