TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Pls help. T. Sony bravia. Switching it on and off. 1 yr old.

T Technician's Assistant: What...

T

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Sony bravia

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Switching it on and off

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

1 yr old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Yes remote not turning tv on or off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Light coming on but no picture

3/8/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will be trying it soon
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pls call me 0429 142 434

A call is an additional cost, please accept the offer and I can call

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dont have 41 dollars right now

No problem, please do the instructions I gave and let me know the results

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok has it been 10 min yet

I do not know.. as I do not know when you started

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok ill wait a few more mintutes

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you based here in australia
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also by waiting 10 is the tv restarting itself

No I am not, now if it is ten minutes, connect the power cable and try to power it on please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No that did not work

Do you see the standby light showing still?

What color is it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
White

Press the menu button on the TV's remote

Does it then show?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No the white light just flashes

thanks

Disconnect everything from the TV, so DVD player, cable box ect.

Then connect only the power cable

Tell me if it then shows the TV menu please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No still only white light

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok but what would have caused this cause tvs brand new
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also i not sure if i have the receit i bought it from hervey norman

It had a faulty component put into it, the warranty will though cover this issue for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But why now now after 12 months

A faulting component can fail at any time, this is the nature of electronics and why failures occur.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it help to unplug it throughout the night and try again in the morning

No sorry, this is the issue you have, the board has to be replaced sorry.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will the store have my details cause i misplaced ths receit

Yes they will have it based on the serial number for yiu

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks for your help

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also did it fail cause of me trying to connect internet cable cause it was find previously

No, that would not have this effect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok must be coincidence
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5000 dollar tv strange but i guess even best can go wrong
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Anyway i hope they will replace it straight away
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thought sony was reliable
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also one last question Richard its definitely not thr remote
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The remote

No it is not the remote that is the issue here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks mate goodbye
Richard, Technician