TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have no picture even though the power but is on. I can…

I have no picture...

I have no picture even though the power but is on. I can change the menu by guessing and I have the dvd player working thru the external sound system

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I saw before the picture died the color on the screen was fading

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did I say that the TV is an HP PL5060n?
3/8/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am following your suggestion. I will let you know the result in 10 minuets

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is fine by email

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you, when done please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I followed your instructions. I turn the TV on and now I get a flashing blinking white to black to white screen screen

If you press the menu button on the remote of the TV, does the menu show?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I press the menu button and I see no menu.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still see the flashing screen

ok, disconnect everthing from the TV, Cable box, DVD ect.

Then connect only the power

Power it on and tell me if you can then get the menu to show please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have disconnected all connectors except the power and turned off and then on the TV. I still get the flashing white to black to white screen. Tried to press the menu button on the controller and still no response or menu on the TV.. I turned off and on using the the front button and still the same blinking screen.

Thanks

It is the mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have had this TV since 2005. There isn't any warranty. The main board needs to be replaced. Thank you for your assistance.You have provided me a great service .
Richard, Technician